About Google Chrome
What is Google Chrome?
Google Chrome, simply known as Chrome is a web browser released by Google in the year 2008.Initially it was developed for Microsoft Windows, but was later ported to Ios, Android, Linux, and macOS. It is one of the main components of Chrome OS, where it serves as the platform for web apps. Chrome works smoothly with Google sites and services such as YouTube and Gmail. Its features comprise of synchronization with Google services and accounts, automatic translation and spell check of web pages and tabbed browsing.
What are the features of Google Chrome?
- Bookmarks and settings synchronization- Google Chrome enables its users to coordinate their bookmarks, history and settings across all the devices. This can be authenticated through Google credentials or sync passphrase.
- Incognito mode- This mode is a private browsing feature which prevents the browser from permanently storing cookies, site data, and history information. Incognito mode is much similar to the private browsing features of various other web browsers. You will be in incognito mode only when you are using the incognito window.
- User interface- The main user interface includes back, forward, refresh/cancel and menu buttons. Tabs one of the main components of Chrome’s user interface has been moved to the top of the window. Tabs can be easily transferred between window containers by dragging. The Omnibox is a URL box which is a combination of the address bar and search box. When a particular user types in the Omnibox, Chrome provides suggestions for previously visited sights.
- Speed- Chrome has features like dynamic code generation, hidden class transitions and precise garbage collection. Chrome makes use of DNS prefetching to speed up website lookups.
- Stability- A multi-purpose architecture is implemented in Chrome where a separate process is designated to each site instance and plugin. This method is also known as process isolation as it prevents tasks from interfering with each other thereby raising security and stability.
- Malware blocking and ad blocking- Google introduced download scanning protection and ad blocking feature based on recommendations from the Interactive Advertising Bureau. Sites that employ invasive ads are given a 30 day warning beforehand.
- Desktop shortcuts and apps- Chrome allows its users to make a local desktop shortcut that on the other hand opens web application in the browser. This feature will be enhanced with the Chrome web store, a one stop web based web application directory.
- Themes- Users can install themes according to their own preferences and alter the appearance of the browser.
Why use Google Chrome?
Simplicity-Chrome is a clean as well a simple browser to use. The omnibox and multi tabbed browsing makes navigating easier. Even if you close chrome it will remember the tabs you had opened so that you can pick up right where you left off. The Omnibox enhance speed and efficiency. You can print, resize and even save PDF’s using chrome.
Speed- Chrome is designed in such a way so that it comes out to be the fastest web browser. With just one click it can load web pages, multiple tabs and applications with lightning speed. Chrome is fitted with V8 a faster and powerful Javasript engine.
Customization- You can even customize Google Chrome to make it your own. You can add apps, extensions and themes using the Chrome webstore. Themes allow you to bring about life in your browser whereas apps and extensions provide you with the latest in games, productivity and education.
Signing in- In case you are sharing your computer with other people, you can add multiple users to keep your extensions, bookmarks and apps separate. Once you update your device it will update everywhere else you sign in to the chrome browser. You can decide what you want to sync, once you sign in.
Thanks for choosing Chrome! This release includes stability and performance improvements.