About MX Player
Powerful video player with advanced hardware acceleration and subtitle support.
a) HARDWARE ACCELERATION - Hardware acceleration can be applied to more videos with the help of new HW+ decoder.
b) MULTI-CORE DECODING - MX Player is the first Android video player which supports multi-core decoding. Test result proved that dual-core device's performance is up to 70% better than single-core devices.
c) PINCH TO ZOOM, ZOOM AND PAN - Easily zoom in and out by pinching and swiping across the screen. Zoom and Pan is also available by option.
d) SUBTITLE GESTURES - Scroll forward/backward to move to next/previous text, Up/down to move text up and down, Zoom in/out to change text size.
e) KIDS LOCK - Keep your kids entertained without having to worry that they can make calls or touch other apps. (plugin required)
- DVD, DVB, SSA/ASS subtitle tracks.
- SubStation Alpha(.ssa/.ass) with full styling.
- SAMI(.smi) with Ruby tag support.
MX Player needs permissions on the following categories:
* "Access Photos/Media/Files" permission to read your all media files on your storage
* "Other app capabilities" for various activities like checking network status, Streaming, controlling bluetooth device, controlling the touch feedbacks, blocking keys with kid lock feature.
* "READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE" permission is required in order to read your media files in your primary & secondary storages.
* "WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE" permission is required in order to rename or deletion of files and to store the downloaded subtitles.
New: Dark theme is back for India users to keep your eyes cool! [Location: Tab Me -> Dark Theme]
New: The common file operations are in your fingertips with our new More menu for local files.
New: Get the contents of your interest with our new Content Preferences on the Me tab.
Fixed: Background Playback issues on recent versions.
Fixed: Quality switching issues on the online player.
Fixed: Navigation bar issues on dark themes.